Troubleshooting Live Video Activities
Joining a live video meeting (group chat or interview) only requires a modern web browser and a reliable Internet connection. No additional software or browser extension is required.
Note that the system requirements for live video differ from the general system requirements for accessing Recollective.
If you are accessing Recollective from a network with a strict firewall, it's possible that the firewall may be actively blocking WebSockets (which are required for Live Video Activities). If you see the error message below on the Activity Overview or Meeting Entry page, you will need to use a different network or device:
Troubleshooting in the Moment
- Closing you browser entirely
- Restarting the browser
- Returning to Recollective and re-entering the meeting
- Try an alternate browser
- Try an alternate device
- Try an alternate network connection
Audio and Video Quality
Other Technical Tips
- If you have time, close your browser window and open a new browser window before the chat.
- Try to have as few browser windows open as possible during the chat or meeting. Turn off or disconnect devices on your network that are using bandwidth, and stop any ongoing downloads
- If your WiFi router allows you the option of choosing between a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connection, go with 5 GHz (this option has a shorter range so you may need to set up closer to your router, but the connection is stronger).