How To Upload Videos
Need to upload a video? Follow the steps below to make sure you're providing the best quality videos possible!
- Select Add Video
- Select New or Existing Video, or paste the URL of a video that is already being hosted online.
- If you choose to add a New or Existing Video, you will be prompted to open the camera on your mobile device, or to select a video from your file directory/gallery.
- When adding video from a Desktop or Laptop, you can record a new video using your webcam, or click Upload an existing video to upload a video file (.mp4, .mov, .avi etc) from your computer.
Tips & Tricks for Recording Great Videos
No matter where or when you are recording a video, there are a few things you should consider:
- Lighting: Finding the right lighting is important. Too much or too little light will make it difficult to see you (or the subject of your video). Feel free to take a few test videos to ensure that you are not appearing washed out or in a shadow.
- Sound: You’ll want to be aware of background noise when you’re filming your video. It’s hard to get complete silence, but try to minimize the noise around you as much as possible (or navigate to a quiet space to record your video). When you’re ready to start filming, speak directly at the camera, clearly and slowly.
Once you have found a quiet, well-lit space to record your video, keep the following things in mind to ensure a good quality recording:
- Allow yourself some room to move around within the frame without cutting out parts of your face or body. You don’t want to be too close to the camera, but you also don’t want to be too far away. A good rule of thumb is that your head and shoulders should clearly be visible with room to spare.
- If you’re using your phone, always record using landscape mode.
- Steady your device. If you’re using your laptop, make sure that it is on a flat, stable surface. If you’re using your phone, prop it up and stand back from the camera or use a selfie stick to make sure that your recording is smooth and balanced.
Showtime! Here are some things to consider when providing your responses:
- Detail, detail, detail! Once you know what’s being asked of you, make sure to provide a detailed response for each question being asked!